Collingwood, town (1991 pop. 13,505), S Ont., Canada at the south end of Georgian Bay, an arm of Lake Huron. Collingwood is a shipbuilding center and has one of the largest dry docks on the Great Lakes. It is famous for its Blue Mountain pottery, made from Georgian Bay clay. It is also a winter ski resort.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Collingwood from Infoplease:
- Robin George Collingwood - Collingwood, Robin George Collingwood, Robin George, 1889–1943, English philosopher and ...
- Collingwood: meaning and definitions - Collingwood: Definition and Pronunciation
- Collingwood, Cuthbert Collingwood, Baron - Collingwood, Cuthbert Collingwood, Baron: Collingwood, Cuthbert Collingwood, Baron: see Trafalgar, ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/collingwood - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Collingwood, Charles - Collingwood, Charles TV commentator Birthplace: Three Rivers, Mich. Born: 1917 Died: 1985 ...