Ciudad Victoria (syōħäħˈ vēktōˈryä) [key], city (1990 pop. 194,996), capital of Tamaulipas state, NE Mexico, on the San Marcos River and at the foot of the Sierra Madre Oriental. The city, founded in 1750, lies on the Inter-American Highway and on a major rail line. Agricultural products, especially henequen, are processed there, in addition to lumber.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ciudad Victoria from Infoplease:
- Ciudad Victoria: meaning and definitions - Ciudad Victoria: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/ciudad victoria - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Tamaulipas: meaning and definitions - Tamaulipas: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tamaulipas - Tamaulipas Tamaulipas , state (1990 pop. 2,249,581), 30,734 sq mi (79,601 sq km), NE Mexico, on the ...
- Victoria, city, Mexico - Victoria Victoria, Mexico see: Ciudad Victoria.