choir stall: see stall.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on choir stall from Infoplease:
- stall - stall stall, small division of a larger space, sometimes partly partitioned. The term is used for a ...
- stasidion: meaning and definitions - stasidion: Definition and Pronunciation
- misericords - misericords misericords , carvings in Gothic churches that adorn choir stalls provided for the use ...
- presbytery - presbytery presbytery , in architecture, the space in the eastern end of a church reserved for the ...
- Alonso Berruguete - Berruguete, Alonso Berruguete, Alonso , c.1480–1561, Spanish mannerist sculptor. Probably the ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Architecture