Charikar (chäˈrĭkär) [key], city, NE Afghanistan. It is noted for its pottery and high-quality grapes. During the 1960s Afghanistan's largest textile factory was built nearby. During the 1979–89 occupation by Soviet forces, the region around Charikar was the scene of some of the fiercest fighting.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Charikar from Infoplease:
- Charikar: meaning and definitions - Charikar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/charikar - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Césaire Cesarean cesarevitch Cesca chair Cesena cesium cesium 137 ...
- Encyclopedia: Afghanistan Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Afghanistan Political Geography.
- Afghanistan - Information on Afghanistan — map of Afghanistan, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, and the national flag.