Calvados (kälvädôsˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 621,300), in Normandy, N France, on the English Channel. Caen is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Calvados from Infoplease:
- Calvados: meaning and definitions - Calvados: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/calvados - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Caen: meaning and definitions - Caen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Trouville-sur-Mer - Trouville-sur-Mer Trouville-sur-Mer , town (1993 est. pop. 5,645), Calvados dept., N France, on the ...
- Claude Fauchet - Fauchet, Claude Fauchet, Claude , 1744–93, French clergyman and revolutionary, constitutional ...