Calicut, India: see Kozhikode.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Calicut from Infoplease:
- Kozhikode - Kozhikode Kozhikode or Calicut, city (1991 pop. 419,531), Kerala state, SW India, on the Malabar ...
- Calicut: meaning and definitions - Calicut: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kozhikode: meaning and definitions - Kozhikode: Definition and Pronunciation
- calico - calico calico, plain weave cotton fabric in one or more colors. Calico, named for Calicut, India, ...
- Vasco da Gama - Biography of Vasco da Gama, Portugese explorer who opened up sea route to India