Buzzards Bay, inlet of the Atlantic Ocean, 30 mi (48 km) long, from 5 to 10 mi (8–16 m) wide, SE Mass., connected with Cape Cod Bay by the Cape Cod Canal and bounded on the SE by the Elizabeth Islands. Its shores are very irregular. The village of Buzzards Bay (1990 pop. 3,250), seat of Cape Cod Canal administration, is in the town of Bourne on the shore of the bay.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Buzzards Bay from Infoplease:
- Buzzard's Bay: meaning and definitions - Buzzard's Bay: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cape Cod Canal: meaning and definitions - Cape Cod Canal: Definition and Pronunciation
- Wareham - Wareham Wareham , town (1990 pop. 19,232), Plymouth co., SE Mass., on an inlet of Buzzards Bay; ...
- Dartmouth, town, United States - Dartmouth Dartmouth, residential and resort town (1990 pop. 27,244), Bristol co., SE Mass., on ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index buxom Buxtehude buy buyback buy boat buy-down buyer buyers' market buyers' ...