Buskerud (bōsˈkərōd) [key], county (1995 pop. 228,506), c.5,725 sq mi (14,830 sq km), SE Norway. Drammen (the capital), Ringerike, and Kongsberg are the chief towns. The county extends from the Oslofjord in the southeast to the Hardangervidda plateau in the northwest and includes the Hallingdal and Numedal valleys. Farming and the manufacturing of forest products and textiles are the main occupations.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Buskerud from Infoplease:
- Kongsberg - Kongsberg Kongsberg , city (1995 pop. 21,534), Buskerud co., SE Norway, on the Lågen River. ...
- Drammen - Drammen Drammen , city (1995 pop. 52,755), capital of Buskerud co., SE Norway, at the head of the ...
- July 2011 Current Events: World News - Current events from around the world for the month of July 2011, including Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, and Iran.
- Encyclopedia: Scandinavian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Scandinavian Political Geography.
- Norway - Information on Norway — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.