Broken Hill, city (1991 pop. 23,263), New South Wales, SE Australia, near the South Australia border. Since 1883 it has been a principal center of zinc and silver mining in Australia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Broken Hill from Infoplease:
- Broken Hill: meaning and definitions - Broken Hill: Definition and Pronunciation
- Broken Hill - Starring Luke Arnold, Alexa Vega, Rhys Wakefield, Timothy Hutton, Che Timmins
- Kabwe: meaning and definitions - Kabwe: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kabwe - Kabwe Kabwe , formerly Broken Hill,city (1990 pop. 166,519), central Zambia. During the 20th cent. ...
- Port Pirie - Port Pirie Port Pirie , city (1991 pop. 14,110), South Australia, S Australia, on an inlet of ...