Bobruysk (bəbrōˈēsk) [key], Belarusian Babruysk, city (1989 pop. 221,166), central Belarus, a port on the Berezina River. It is also a railway junction and a machinery and chemical manufacturing center. Bobruysk was founded in the 16th cent.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bobruysk from Infoplease:
- Bobruisk - Bobruisk: Bobruisk: see Bobruysk, Belarus.
- Berezina - Berezina Berezina , river, c.380 mi (610 km) long, rising in Belarus. It flows generally S past ...
- Belarus: Land and People - Land and People Much of Belarus is a hilly lowland, drained by the Dnieper, Western Dvina, and ...
- Belarus - Information on Belarus — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Encyclopedia: CIS and Baltic Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning CIS and Baltic Political Geography.