Blackwater, river, c.100 mi (161 km) long, rising in Co. Kerry, SW Republic of Ireland. It flows east through the dairy region of Co. Cork and Co. Waterford before turning abruptly south and entering the Atlantic Ocean at Youghal Bay. Salmon and trout are caught in the river.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Blackwater from Infoplease:
- blackwater fever: meaning and definitions - blackwater fever: Definition and Pronunciation
- black water: meaning and definitions - black water: Definition and Pronunciation
- Navan - Navan Navan or An Uaimh, town (1991 pop. 11,606), seat of Co. Meath, E Republic of Ireland, at the ...
- Clogher - Clogher Clogher , town (1991 pop. 8,500), Co. Tyrone, central Northern Ireland, on the Blackwater ...
- Erik Prince - Biography of Erik Prince, Founder and former head of Blackwater Worldwide