Bermejo (bərmāˈhō) [key], river, c.650 mi (1,050 km) long, rising in N central Argentina, flowing SE along the border with Bolivia and through N Argentina to Pilar, Paraguay. Through much of its course, it is the border between Argentina's Formosa and Chaco provinces. Most of the river is navigable by small craft.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bermejo from Infoplease:
- Bermejo: meaning and definitions - Bermejo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jujuy - Jujuy Jujuy , city (1991 pop. 182,663), capital of Jujuy prov., NW Argentina, on the Bermejo River. ...
- Paraguay, river, Brazil and Paraguay - Paraguay Paraguay, river, c.1,300 mi (2,090 km) long, rising in the highlands of central Mato ...
- Empty Nest (El nido vacio) - Starring Carlos Bermejo, Eugenia Capizzano, Inés Efron, Arturo Goetz, Oscar Martínez
- Encyclopedia: Latin American and Caribbean Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Latin American and Caribbean Physical Geography.