Barrie, city (1991 pop. 62,728), S Ont., Canada, on the west shore of Lake Simcoe. It is a commuter city in the Toronto metropolitan region. Among the city's diverse manufactures are clothing, spirits, electronics, and leather goods. A large military base is nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Barrie from Infoplease:
- Barry: meaning and definitions - Barry: Definition and Pronunciation
- Barrie: meaning and definitions - Barrie: Definition and Pronunciation
- Du Barry: meaning and definitions - Du Barry: Definition and Pronunciation
- Philip Barry - Barry, Philip Barry, Philip, 1896–1949, American dramatist, b. Rochester, N.Y., grad. Yale, ...
- Elizabeth Barry - Barry, Elizabeth Barry, Elizabeth, 1658–1713, English actress. She gained entrance to the ...