Banff National Park
Banff National Park, 2,564 sq mi (6,641 sq km), W Alta., Canada, in the Rocky Mts.; est. 1885. Noted for its mountain scenery and mineral springs, Canada's oldest national park is a year-round resort area. Banff and Lake Louise are the chief centers.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Banff National Park from Infoplease:
- Banff National Park: meaning and definitions - Banff National Park: Definition and Pronunciation
- Banff: meaning and definitions - Banff: Definition and Pronunciation
- Red Deer, river, Canada - Red Deer Red Deer, river, 385 mi (620 km) long, rising in the Rocky Mts. in Banff National Park, SW ...
- Banff - Banff Banff , town (1991 pop. 5,688), SW Alta., Canada, in the Rocky Mts., on the Bow River and the ...
- Bow, river, Canada - Bow Bow , river, 315 mi (507 km) long, rising in the Rocky Mts., S Alta., Canada, and flowing SE ...