Bandar Seri Begawan
Bandar Seri Begawan (bänˈdär sĕrˈē bĕgäˈwän) [key], city (1991 est. pop. 46,229), capital and chief port of the sultanate of Brunei, of which it is also the business and commercial center. Its manufactures include furniture, textiles, handicrafts, and building materials. Petroleum and natural gas are processed there. It is the site of the Royal Ceremonial Hall and the Brunei History Center. It was formerly called Brunei.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bandar Seri Begawan from Infoplease:
- Bandar Seri Begawan: meaning and definitions - Bandar Seri Begawan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Brunei - Information on Brunei — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Brunei: meaning and definitions - Brunei: Definition and Pronunciation
- Brunei - Brunei Brunei or Brunei Darussalam, officially State of Brunei Darussalam, sultanate (2005 est. ...
- Borneo: Land and People - Land and People The island largely consists of dense jungle and mountains, reaching its highest ...