Bancroft, village (1991 pop. 2,383), SE Ont., Canada, on the York River. Its industries include milling, quarrying, dairying, lumbering, and tourism. The Bancroft Gemboree is an annual gathering of rock collectors.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bancroft from Infoplease:
- Bancroft: meaning and definitions - Bancroft: Definition and Pronunciation
- Edward Bancroft - Bancroft, Edward Bancroft, Edward, 1744–1821, spy in the American Revolution, b. Westfield, ...
- Hubert Howe Bancroft - Bancroft, Hubert Howe Bancroft, Hubert Howe, 1832–1918, American publisher and historian, b. ...
- Bancroft, Marie Effie Wilton, Lady - Bancroft, Marie Effie Wilton, Lady Bancroft, Marie Effie Wilton, Lady, 1839–1921, English ...
- Anne Bancroft - Biography of Anne Bancroft, Mrs. Robinson in the movie The Graduate