Australasia (ôstrəlāˈzhə, –shə) [key], islands of the South Pacific, including Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea, and adjacent islands. The term is sometimes used to include all of Oceania.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Australasia from Infoplease:
- Australasia: meaning and definitions - Australasia: Definition and Pronunciation
- AUSTRALASIA AND OCEANIA - The sparsely populated continent of Australasia is made up of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and several nearby islands. It is the world’s
- Oceans and Seas - A list of the world's oceans and seas, with area & depth, including the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic & Southern Oceans, and Mediterranean, Ocean, Caribbean & Bering Seas
- fiddler beetle: meaning and definitions - fiddler beetle: Definition and Pronunciation
- mother spleenwort: meaning and definitions - mother spleenwort: Definition and Pronunciation