Aubusson (ōbüsôN) [key], town (1993 est. pop. 5,546), Creuse dept., central France, in the former province of Marche, on the Creuse River. Its famous tapestry and carpet manufactures date from the 15th cent. Aluminum, electric lamps, and rubber goods are also made. Aubusson is the seat of a school of decorative arts and a museum of tapestry.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Aubusson from Infoplease:
- Pierre d' Aubusson - Aubusson, Pierre d' Aubusson, Pierre d' , 1423–1503, French soldier, a cardinal of ...
- Aubusson: meaning and definitions - Aubusson: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/aubusson - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Creuse - Creuse Creuse , department (1990 pop. 131,349), central France, in the Massif Central. ...
- Marche, region and former province, France - Marche Marche , region and former province, central France, on the NW margin of the Massif Central. ...