Ashkhabad: see Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ashkhabad from Infoplease:
- Ashkhabad: meaning and definitions - Ashkhabad: Definition and Pronunciation
- Poltoratsk: meaning and definitions - Poltoratsk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Turkmenistan: meaning and definitions - Turkmenistan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Turkmenistan - Turkmenistan Turkmenistan , republic (2005 est. pop. 4,952,000), 188,455 sq mi (488,100 sq km), ...
- Ashgabat - Ashgabat Ashgabat , formerly Ashkhabad,city (1991 pop. 412,200), capital of Turkmenistan, near the ...