Arendal (äˈrəndäl) [key], city (1995 pop. 38,695), capital of Aust-Agder co., SE Norway, a port on the Skagerrak. Manufactures include forest products and processed metal, food, and tobacco. Chartered in 1723, Arendal has had one of Norway's largest merchant fleets since 1880.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Arendal from Infoplease:
- Leslie Cornelius ARENDS - Leslie Cornelius ARENDS (1895-1985) ARENDS, Leslie Cornelius, a Representative from Illinois; born ...
- teacher training: Bibliography - Bibliography See M. L. Borrowman, The Liberal and Technical in Teacher Education (1956, repr. ...
- Aust-Agder - Aust-Agder Aust-Agder , county (1995 pop. 99,585), 3,610 sq mi (9,350 sq km), S Norway, bordering ...
- Karakum - Starring Max Kullmann, Murad Orazov, Pjotr Olev, Neithardt Riedel, Aleksandr Potapov
- Devil - Starring Chris Messina, Geoffrey Arend, Logan Marshall-Green, Bojana Novakovic, Jenny O'Hara