Arak (äräkˈ) [key], city (1991 pop. 331,354), Tehran prov., W central Iran. A center for agricultural trade as well as for road and rail, the city is also known for its rugs, pottery, metalwork, and carpets. Founded c.1800, Arak was formerly known as Sultanabad.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Arak from Infoplease:
- Aras - Aras Aras , Rus. Araks, river, c.600 mi (970 km) long, rising in the Transcaucasus Mts., NE Turkey. ...
- arak: meaning and definitions - arak: Definition and Pronunciation
- Araks - Araks Araks, river, Armenia: see Aras.
- arrack: meaning and definitions - arrack: Definition and Pronunciation
- arrack - arrack arrack , strong spirits distilled chiefly in Asia from fermented fruits, grains, or ...