Allier (älyāˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 356,900), central France, in Bourbonnais. Moulins is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Allier from Infoplease:
- Allier: meaning and definitions - Allier: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/allier - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Moulins - Moulins Moulins , city (1990 pop. 23,353), capital of Allier dept., central France, on the Allier ...
- Bourbon - Bourbon Bourbon , European royal family, originally of France; a cadet branch of the Capetian ...
- Bourbonnais - Bourbonnais Bourbonnais , former province, central France, in the northern part of the Massif ...