Alajuela (älähwāˈlä) [key], city (1995 est. pop. 48,645), capital of Alajuela prov., central Costa Rica. In the Central Valley, it is a leading commercial center for the sugar and livestock industries as well as being a summer resort. It was the capital of Costa Rica for a short time in the 1830s.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Alajuela from Infoplease:
- Alajuela: meaning and definitions - Alajuela: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/alajuela - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Costa Rica - Costa Rica Costa Rica , officially Republic of Costa Rica, republic (2005 est. pop. 4,016,000), ...
- San José, city, Costa Rica - San José San José , city (1989 pop. 287,535), central Costa Rica, capital and largest ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Aisha AISI AISI steel aisle Aisne ait aitch aitchbone Aitken Aitolía Aius ...