Ako (äkōˈ) [key], city (1990 pop. 51,131), Hyogo prefecture, W Honshu, Japan, on the Harima Sea. Relying on its steel and chemical industries, Ako has become one of Japan's most polluted industrial cities. It is famous for its Oishi (Shinto) shrine, its Kogakuji (Buddhist) temple, and its Ako samurai festival, which is held every December.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ako from Infoplease:
- Michel Aco - Aco or Accault, Michel Aco or Accault, Michel , fl. 1680–1702, French explorer. He became La ...
- Michel Ako - Ako, Michel: Ako, Michel: see Aco, Michel.
- acaulescent: meaning and definitions - acaulescent: Definition and Pronunciation
- Milk and Money - Starring Peter Boyle, Margaret Colin, Olympia Dukakis, Denise Faye, Calista Flockhart
- Perhaps (Peut-Etre) - Synopsis, rating, and other information