Aisne (ĕn) [key], department (1990 pop. 537,600), NE France, in Île-de-France, Picardy, and Champagne, touching the Belgian border. Laon is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Aisne from Infoplease:
- Aisne: meaning and definitions - Aisne: Definition and Pronunciation
- Laon: meaning and definitions - Laon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Soissons: meaning and definitions - Soissons: Definition and Pronunciation
- Belleau Wood - Belleau Wood Belleau Wood , forested area in Aisne dept., N France, E of Château-Thierry. The ...
- Oise, river, Belgium and France - Oise Oise, river, 186 mi (299 km) long, rising in the Ardennes Mts., S Belgium, and flowing through ...