Aetna, volcano: see Etna, Italy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Aetna from Infoplease:
- Etna: meaning and definitions - Etna: Definition and Pronunciation
- Etna - Etna Etna or Aetna, volcano, 10,958 ft (3,340 m) high, on the east coast of Sicily, S Italy. It is ...
- Typhon - Typhon Typhon or Typhoeus, in Greek mythology, fierce and monstrous son of Gaea. He was the father ...
- John Flanagan - Flanagan, John Flanagan, John , 1865–1952, American sculptor and medalist. In 1932 he ...
- Ledoux, Louis V - Born in New York City, June 6, 1880. Educated at Columbia University where he graduated in 1902. He is a poet who writes chiefly upon Greek themes and