fata morgana: see mirage.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on fata morgana from Infoplease:
- mirage - mirage mirage , atmospheric optical illusion in which an observer sees in the distance a ...
- Fata Morgana: meaning and definitions - Fata Morgana: Definition and Pronunciation
- Christina Rossetti: Fata Morgana - A blue-eyed phantom far before Is laughing, leaping toward the sun: Like lead I chase it evermore, I pant and run.
- Fata Morgana - Fata Morgana A sort of mirage occasionally seen in the Straits of Messina. Fata is Italian for a ...
- Christina Rossetti: A Peal of Bells - Strike the bells wantonly, Tinkle tinkle well; Bring me wine, bring me flowers, Ring the silver bell. All my lamps burn scented oil, Hung on laden ora