Winnebago, Lake, 215 sq mi (557 sq km), E Wis.; largest lake in Wisconsin. Fed and drained by the Fox River, the lake is part of an all-water route between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River. Oshkosh and Fond du Lac are on the lake, which is a major recreation area.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lake Winnebago from Infoplease:
- Oshkosh: meaning and definitions - Oshkosh: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fond du Lac: meaning and definitions - Fond du Lac: Definition and Pronunciation
- Menasha - Menasha Menasha , city (1990 pop. 14,711), Winnebago co., E Wis., on Lake Winnebago and the Fox ...
- Fond du Lac - Fond du Lac Fond du Lac , city (1990 pop. 37,757), seat of Fond du Lac co., E central Wis., in a ...
- Appleton - Appleton Appleton, city (1990 pop. 65,695), seat of Outagamie co., E Wis., on the Fox River near ...