Willoughby (wĭlˈəbē) [key], city (1990 pop. 20,510), Lake co., NE Ohio, on the Chagrin River, near Lake Erie; settled c.1800, inc. as a city 1951. Manufactures include rubber products, electronic components, and clothing. Nearby is Kirtland Temple (1833–36), a Latter Day Saints church.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Willoughby from Infoplease:
- Willoughby - Starring Ruben Soto, Veronica Aberham, Jen Andreason, Ethan Flower, Giuseppe Franco
- Willoughby: meaning and definitions - Willoughby: Definition and Pronunciation
- George Willoughby Maynard - Maynard, George Willoughby Maynard, George Willoughby, 1843–1923, American figure, marine, ...
- Westel WILLOUGHBY, Jr. - Westel WILLOUGHBY, Jr. (1769-1844) WILLOUGHBY, Westel, Jr., a Representative from New York; born in ...
- Thomas Willoughby NEWTON - Thomas Willoughby NEWTON (1804-1853) NEWTON, Thomas Willoughby, a Representative from Arkansas; ...