West Warwick (wôrˈwĭk, –ˈĭk) [key], town (1990 pop. 29,268), Kent co., central R.I., on the Pawtuxet River; set off from Warwick and inc. 1913. Once important for textile manufacturing, it still has some fine mill architecture that has survived the industry's decline. West Warwick includes the village of River Point and several other textile mill villages.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on West Warwick from Infoplease:
- West Warwick: meaning and definitions - West Warwick: Definition and Pronunciation
- Felix HEBERT - Felix HEBERT (1874-1969) Senate Years of Service: 1929-1935 Party: Republican HEBERT, Felix, a ...
- Wendy Davis - Biography of Wendy Davis, The Texas state senator who filibustered an abortion bill
- February 2003 Disasters - February 2003 Disasters Feb. 1, Tex.: The Columbia Space Shuttle, on its 28th mission, broke up as ...
- February 2003 - February 2003 World Strike Ends in Venezuela (Feb. 2): Opposition group Democratic Coordinator ends ...