West Orange, town (1990 pop. 39,103), Essex co., NE N.J., a residential suburb of Newark; set off from Orange 1862, inc. 1900. "Glenmont," Thomas Edison's home in Llewellyn Park, and his laboratory (now a museum) are included in the Edison National Historic Site (see National Parks and Monuments, table).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on West Orange from Infoplease:
- West Orange: meaning and definitions - West Orange: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/west orange - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Margaret Scafati ROUKEMA - Margaret Scafati ROUKEMA (1929-Â ) ROUKEMA, Margaret Scafati, a Representative from New ...
- Namibia - Namibia Namibia , officially Republic of Namibia, republic (2005 est. pop. 2,031,000), c.318,000 sq ...
- Edith M. Thomas: "Frost To-Night" - Apple-green west and an orange bar, And the crystal eye of a lone, one star … And, "Child, take the shears and cut what you will, Frost to-night — so