Wayland, town (1990 pop. 11,874), Middlesex co., E Mass., W of Boston; settled c.1638, inc. 1835. Electronic and chemical research is carried on there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Wayland from Infoplease:
- Francis Wayland - Wayland, Francis Wayland, Francis, 1796–1865, American clergyman and educator, b. New York ...
- Wayland: meaning and definitions - Wayland: Definition and Pronunciation
- Paul Wayland Bartlett - Bartlett, Paul Wayland Bartlett, Paul Wayland, 1865–1925. American sculptor, b. New Haven, ...
- Francis Wayland Parker - Parker, Francis Wayland Parker, Francis Wayland, 1837–1902, American educator, b. Bedford, ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/wayland - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus