Wahiawa (wäˌhēəwäˈ) [key], residential city (1990 pop. 17,386), Honolulu co., Hawaii, on central Oahu, in an area that produces pineapple. It is a commercial and trucking center for the pineapple industry. The U.S. army's Schofield Barracks and Wheeler Army Airfield adjoin the city and contribute to the economy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Wahiawa from Infoplease:
- Wahiawa: meaning and definitions - Wahiawa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/wahiawa - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index W, w wa' WAAC Waadt Waaf Waal Waals wab Wabanaki Wabash wabble wabbly Wac Wace ...
- Hawaii - Information on Hawaii — map of Hawaii, economy, government, culture, flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Encyclopedia: U.S. Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning U.S. Political Geography.