Van Wert (văn wûrt) [key], city (1990 pop. 10,891), seat of Van Wert co., NW Ohio, near the Ind. line, in a rich grain-farming area; inc. 1848. Fabricated metal products, electronic equipment, cheeses, and machinery are made there. The city is known for its peonies, which blossom all over town in the beginning of June.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Van Wert from Infoplease:
- Van Wert: meaning and definitions - Van Wert: Definition and Pronunciation
- - Can't read file ohio/van-wert-county/default.html
- William PATTERSON - William PATTERSON (1790-1868) PATTERSON, William, a Representative from Ohio; born in Maryland in ...
- Walter Henry MOELLER - Walter Henry MOELLER (1910-1999) MOELLER, Walter Henry, a Representative from Ohio; born on a farm, ...
- Joseph CABLE - Joseph CABLE (1801-1880) CABLE, Joseph, (great-grandfather of John Levi Cable), a Representative ...