Union, industrial township (1990 pop. 50,024), Union co., NE N.J.; settled 1749 by colonists from Connecticut, set off from Elizabethtown 1808. Steel and metal products and paint are among its various manufactures. Union was the site of a Revolutionary battle in 1780. It is the seat of Kean Univ. of New Jersey.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Union from Infoplease:
- unionize: meaning and definitions - unionize: Definition and Pronunciation
- industrial union - industrial union industrial union, labor union composed of all the workers in a given industry, ...
- La Unión - Unión, La Unión, La, town (1990 pop. 15,144), Murcia prov., SE Spain. It is a center ...
- Fort Union - Fort Union Fort Union, trading post of the American Fur Company, erected in 1828 near the ...
- industrial union: meaning and definitions - industrial union: Definition and Pronunciation