Stow (stō) [key], city (1990 pop. 27,702), Summit co., NE Ohio, a suburb of Akron; settled 1802, inc. as a city 1960. Chiefly residential, it has some light industry.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Stow from Infoplease:
- Stowe: meaning and definitions - Stowe: Definition and Pronunciation
- John Stow - Stow, John Stow, John, 1525?–1605, English chronicler and antiquarian. He was a tailor in his ...
- Calvin Ellis Stowe - Stowe, Calvin Ellis Stowe, Calvin Ellis , 1802–86, American educator, b. Natick, Mass., grad. ...
- Harriet Beecher Stowe - Stowe, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Harriet Beecher, 1811–96, American novelist and humanitarian, ...
- stow: meaning and definitions - stow: Definition and Pronunciation