Statesboro, city (1990 pop. 15,854), seat of Bulloch co., E Ga.; founded 1803, inc. 1902. Foods, fertilizers, metal and paper products, clothing, lumber, and concrete are produced. Georgia Southern Univ. is in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Statesboro from Infoplease:
- Statesboro: meaning and definitions - Statesboro: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/statesboro - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Prince Hulon PRESTON, Jr. - Prince Hulon PRESTON, Jr. (1908-1961) PRESTON, Prince Hulon, Jr., a Representative from Georgia; ...
- Homer Cling PARKER - Homer Cling PARKER (1885-1946) PARKER, Homer Cling, a Representative from Georgia; born in Baxley, ...
- Robert Lee MOORE - Robert Lee MOORE (1867-1940) MOORE, Robert Lee, a Representative from Georgia; born near Scarboro, ...