South Windsor (wĭnˈzər) [key], town (1990 pop. 22,090), Hartford co., N Conn.; set off from Windsor 1845. It is chiefly residential. Oliver Wolcott, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, was born there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on South Windsor from Infoplease:
- South Windsor: meaning and definitions - South Windsor: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/south windsor - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Lewis SPERRY - Lewis SPERRY (1848-1922) SPERRY, Lewis, a Representative from Connecticut; born at East Windsor ...
- Oliver Wolcott, signer of the Declaration of Independence - Wolcott, Oliver Wolcott, Oliver, 1726–97, political leader in the American Revolution, signer ...
- Joseph Ferdinand WINGATE - Joseph Ferdinand WINGATE (1786-Â ) WINGATE, Joseph Ferdinand, a Representative from Maine; ...