South Charleston, city (1990 pop. 13,645), Kanawha co., W W.Va., on the Kanawha River, in a highly industrialized area; settled 1782, inc. 1917. Machinery, electrical products, chemicals, transportation and dental equipment, and foods are manufactured. A large Native American mound is in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on South Charleston from Infoplease:
- South Charleston: meaning and definitions - South Charleston: Definition and Pronunciation
- William Chapman REVERCOMB - William Chapman REVERCOMB (1895-1979) Senate Years of Service: 1943-1949; 1956-1959 Party: ...
- Leonard Sidney ECHOLS - Leonard Sidney ECHOLS (1871-1946) ECHOLS, Leonard Sidney, a Representative from West Virginia; born ...
- T.D. Jakes - Biography of T.D. Jakes, Pentecostal preacher who wrote "Woman, Thou Art Loosed"
- South Carolina - Information on South Carolina — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.