Sidney, city (1990 pop. 18,710), seat of Shelby co., W central Ohio, on the Great Miami River, in a farm area; founded 1811, inc. 1834. Refrigerator parts and machinery are among the items produced there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sidney from Infoplease:
- Sidney: meaning and definitions - Sidney: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sylvia Sidney - Sylvia Sidney (Sophia Kosow) Age: 88 1930s star of the silver screen who, though tough in nature, ...
- Algernon Sidney - Sidney or Sydney, Algernon Sidney or Sydney, Algernon, 1622–83, English politician; son of ...
- Sydney: meaning and definitions - Sydney: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sir Philip Sidney - Sidney or Sydney, Sir Philip Sidney or Sydney, Sir Philip, 1554–86, English author and ...