Scioto (sĪōˈtə) [key], river, 237 mi (381 km) long, rising in W Ohio near Indian Lake and flowing east, then turning south to pass through Columbus and Chillicothe and enter the Ohio River at Portsmouth. It receives numerous tributaries and has many multipurpose dams.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Scioto from Infoplease:
- Scioto: meaning and definitions - Scioto: Definition and Pronunciation
- - Can't read file ohio/scioto-county/default.html
- Circleville - Circleville Circleville, city (1990 pop. 11,666), seat of Pickaway co., S central Ohio, on the ...
- William RUSSELL - William RUSSELL (1782-1845) RUSSELL, William, a Representative from Ohio; born in Ireland in 1782; ...
- William Howard HARSHA - William Howard HARSHA (1921-2010) HARSHA, William Howard, a Representative from Ohio; born in ...