Schuylkill (skōlˈkĭlˌ, skōˈkəl) [key] [Du., = hidden creek], river, c.130 mi (210 km) long, rising in Schuylkill co., E central Pa. and flowing generally SE to the Delaware River at Philadelphia. The Schuylkill is navigable by shallow-draft boats. There are still some industrial cities along its banks.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Schuylkill from Infoplease:
- Schuylkill: meaning and definitions - Schuylkill: Definition and Pronunciation
- - Can't read file pennsylvania/schuylkill-county/default.html
- Conshohocken - Conshohocken Conshohocken , industrial borough (1990 pop. 8,064), Montgomery co., SE Pa., on the ...
- Pottsville - Pottsville Pottsville, industrial city (1990 pop. 16,603), seat of Schuylkill co., E Pa., on the ...
- Thomas Timothy (Tim) HOLDEN - Thomas Timothy (Tim) HOLDEN (1957-Â ) HOLDEN, Thomas Timothy (Tim), a Representative from ...