Rocky Hill, town (1990 pop. 16,554), Hartford co., central Conn., a suburb of Hartford, on the Connecticut River; settled c.1650, inc. 1843. Chemical coatings and synthetic textiles are made there. Rocky Hill was an important river port from 1700 to 1820. Of note are the Congregational Church (built in 1808) and Dinosaur Park.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Rocky Hill from Infoplease:
- Rocky Hill: meaning and definitions - Rocky Hill: Definition and Pronunciation
- spiny dormouse: meaning and definitions - spiny dormouse: Definition and Pronunciation
- wallaroo: meaning and definitions - wallaroo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arcos de la Frontera - Arcos de la Frontera Arcos de la Frontera , town (1990 pop. 27,722), Cádiz prov., S Spain, ...
- Orvieto - Orvieto Orvieto , city (1991 pop. 21,419), in Umbria, central Italy, on the Poglia River. Situated ...