Rehoboth Beach (rĭhōˈbəth) [key], resort town (1990 pop. 1,234), Sussex co., SE Del., on the Atlantic coast; inc. 1873. Its industries include boat construction and printing. Settled about 1675, the town began its life as a resort in 1873 when a religious camp meeting association constructed facilities there. Now popular with vacationers, especially from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Rehoboth Beach is known as "the nation's summer capital." Rehoboth Bay is to the south, and Cape Henlopen State Park is to the north.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Rehoboth Beach from Infoplease:
- Rehoboth Beach: meaning and definitions - Rehoboth Beach: Definition and Pronunciation
- Annual Transgender Events - Find out where and when the best transgender events are.
- Howard Winfield ROBISON - Howard Winfield ROBISON (1915-1987) ROBISON, Howard Winfield, a Representative from New York; born ...
- Same-Sex Partners Sharing Households in U.S. Cities - Find a list of U.S. cities that have the highest percentage of same-sex households, including San Francisco, Fort Lauderdale, Seattle, Portland, and more.
- Delaware - Information on Delaware — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.