Point Pleasant, residential and resort borough (1990 pop. 18,177), Ocean co., E N.J., near the Manasquan Inlet; settled 1850, inc. 1920. The adjoining borough of Point Pleasant Beach (1990 pop. 5,112) is a summer seaside resort. In 2012 the area suffered significant damage from Hurricane Sandy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Point Pleasant from Infoplease:
- Point Pleasant: meaning and definitions - Point Pleasant: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/point pleasant - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Ulysses Simpson Grant - Grant, Ulysses Simpson Grant, Ulysses Simpson, 1822–85, commander in chief of the Union army ...
- Charles Edgar HOGG - Charles Edgar HOGG (1852-1935) HOGG, Charles Edgar, (father of Robert Lynn Hogg), a Representative ...
- Robert Lynn HOGG - Robert Lynn HOGG (1893-1973) HOGG, Robert Lynn, (son of Charles Edgar Hogg), a Representative from ...