Plainview. 1 Uninc. city (1990 pop. 26,207), Nassau co., SE N.Y., on Long Island. It is chiefly residential. 2 City (1990 pop. 21,700), seat of Hale co., NW Tex., on the Llano Estacado; inc. 1907. The level plain, irrigated by shallow wells from a large underground water belt, yields wheat, grain sorghum, soybeans, and cotton, and cattle are raised. Plainview's industries include food processing and the production of hybrid seeds and farm equipment. Wayland Baptist Univ. and the Llano Estacado Museum are in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Plainview from Infoplease:
- Plainview: meaning and definitions - Plainview: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arthur Lewis MILLER - Arthur Lewis MILLER (1892-1967) MILLER, Arthur Lewis, a Representative from Nebraska; born on a ...
- There Will Be Blood - Starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Dano, Kevin J. O'Connor, Ciarán Hinds, Russell Harvard
- Dean, Jimmy - Dean, Jimmy singer Birthplace: Seth Ward, nr. Plainview, Tex. Born: 8/10/28 Information Please® ...
- Major Pre-Columbian Indian Cultures in the United States - Major Pre-Columbian Indian Cultures in the United States Date Culture or event Comments c. 15,000 ...