Panama City, city (1990 pop. 34,378), seat of Bay co., NW Fla., on St. Andrews Bay; inc. 1909. A Gulf Coast resort with amusement parks and excellent fishing, it is also a port of entry. The city's industries produce paper, clothing, and chemicals. Tyndall Air Force Base and the U.S. Navy Coastal Systems Station are nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Panama City from Infoplease:
- Panama City: meaning and definitions - Panama City: Definition and Pronunciation
- Panama, city, Panama - Panama Panama, city (1990 pop. 584,803), central Panama, capital and largest city of Panama, on the ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/panama city - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Panama City, Florida, Housing Statistics - Florida Atlas Housing Statistics Panama City, Florida QuickFacts · Demographic · ...
- Panama City, Florida, Social Statistics - Florida Atlas Social Statistics Panama City, Florida QuickFacts · Demographic · ...