Painesville, city (1990 pop. 15,699), seat of Lake co., NE Ohio, on the Grand River, in a farm area; laid out c.1805, inc. as a city 1902. It has railroad shops and plants that manufacture chemicals and machinery. Lake Erie College is in Painesville.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Painesville from Infoplease:
- Painesville: meaning and definitions - Painesville: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/painesville - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Robert Maynard MURRAY - Robert Maynard MURRAY (1841-1913) MURRAY, Robert Maynard, a Representative from Ohio; born in ...
- George Trumbull Ladd - Ladd, George Trumbull Ladd, George Trumbull, 1842–1921, American philosopher, b. Painesville, ...
- James Beach WAKEFIELD - James Beach WAKEFIELD (1825-1910) WAKEFIELD, James Beach, a Representative from Minnesota; born in ...