Norwood. 1 Town (1990 pop. 28,700), Norfolk co., E Mass.; settled 1678, set off from Dedham and Walpole and inc. 1872. Chiefly residential, its industries include printing and publishing and the manufacture of plastics, apparel, computer software, and electronic equipment. 2 City (1990 pop. 23,674), Hamilton co., SW Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati; settled early 1800s, inc. 1888. Machinery is manufactured.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Norwood from Infoplease:
- Norwood: meaning and definitions - Norwood: Definition and Pronunciation
- Brandy - Brandy (Brandy Norwood) actress, singer Born: 2/11/1979 Birthplace: McComb, Mississippi Teen ...
- darling: meaning and definitions - darling: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jay Norwood Darling - Darling, Jay Norwood Darling, Jay Norwood, 1876–1962, American cartoonist, known as ...
- Charles W. NORWOOD, Jr. - Charles W. NORWOOD, Jr. (1941-2007) NORWOOD, Charles W., Jr., a Representative from Georgia; born ...