Muscatine (mŭskətēnˈ) [key], city (1990 pop. 22,881), seat of Muscatine co., SE Iowa, on the Mississippi River; inc. 1851. An early center of river traffic and lumbering, Muscatine is the shipping and processing center of a rich agricultural area. There is also light manufacturing.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Muscatine from Infoplease:
- Muscatine: meaning and definitions - Muscatine: Definition and Pronunciation
- - Can't read file iowa/muscatine-county/default.html
- Irvin St. Clair PEPPER - Irvin St. Clair PEPPER (1876-1913) PEPPER, Irvin St. Clair, a Representative from Iowa; born in ...
- William Medcalf KINSEY - William Medcalf KINSEY (1846-1931) KINSEY, William Medcalf, a Representative from Missouri; born in ...
- Frank Ogilvie HORTON - Frank Ogilvie HORTON (1882-1948) HORTON, Frank Ogilvie, a Representative from Wyoming; born in ...